Building an article directory with WordPress is quite easy but managing it effectively can be quite a task. Popular directories receive hundreds of submissions everyday and it is not possible for a single person to go through all of them. Similarly there are many other important tasks that, if done manually, consume a lot of time and energy. That’s why we have made a list of free plugins that can make article management a breeze:
This plugin checks each article to make sure that it meets the submission guidelines of your site. Articles that are too short or contain too many links never make it beyond the submission page. It also checks several other things like title length, position of first link number of tags etc. Wypiekacz can help you save hundreds of man hours.
Want to hide certain parts of your back-end control panel? This plugin does just that. If someone tries to access a restricted part via direct link, he or she is redirected to the dashboard. This is a great way to secure your WordPress control panel against hackers.
Maxblog Ping Optimizer
Whenever someone creates a new post or edits an existing one, WordPress automatically pings it for better search engine visibility and faster indexing. On a small blog managed by a small group of people, this feature works just fine but when hundreds of new posts get published everyday your site can get banned from pinging services. Maxblog Ping Optimizer can prevent such things from happening by limiting the number of pings.
Theme My Login
This plugin creates a substitute for the default wp-login.php. Once you have installed this plugin your login and registration pages will look just like the rest of your website. It also gives you the ability to create custom templates for the email messages sent at the time of signup and password recovery.
Google XML Sitemap
Getting content indexed is one of the biggest challenges that an article directory owner has to face. This plugin makes things easier by creating search engine friendly XML sitemaps for your site. You can submit the sitemaps in Webmasters Tools. Whenever someone creates a new post, the sitemap is regenerated and search engines are notified about the changes. However if you are on an under-powered server, it might be a good idea to switch to manual regeneration for resource saving.
Using these plugins you can easily create and manage an article directory. If you have any ideas of your own please leave a comment.
Choosing the right web hosting solution is extremely important for online success. If you are planning to create a profitable blogging business then finding a reliable server should be your first priority. Using a free host might seem like a good idea but it isn’t. Free plans come with many serious disadvantages, some of which are highlighted in the following paragraphs.
Companies offer free hosting plans just to promote themselves and get new clients. To cut costs, these companies use shady tactics like overselling, using poor quality hardware and putting too many websites on a single server. Due to these reasons free hosting is always unreliable. If you want your site to stay online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week then you should go for a paid solution.
Speed is another issue that you need to think about. For high search engine rankings and conversion rates your site needs to be blazing fast but you can’t achieve this with a free plan.
Poor Customer Support
Sooner or later every blogger faces technical problems. That is why professional customer support is extremely important. Unfortunately free hosting providers don’t offer any support to their users. This is a very serious disadvantage, especially for those people who don’t have any technical experience.
Monetizing a free wordpress site is very difficult. Most of the times users are not allowed to put any ads on their blogs. Similarly the use of third-party plugins and scripts is also restricted in many cases.
If you are serious about your online career then you should stay away from free web hosting solutions.
Those days are gone when blogging used to be a hobby. Today it is viewed as one of the most worthwhile methods to make money on the net. If you manage a blog and want to earn money from it then you need to come up with a good plan and invest some money in the right places. Without using the basic rules of business management, you can’t gain success.
This short article enlists a few things that can greatly improve the performance and profitability of a blog:
– A premium design can work wonders for your website. Usually a high-quality theme costs around $20-$30, which is nothing in comparison to the benefits it can bring. With a beautifully developed blog you can impress your clients and win their trust. You can also establish a strong brand name.
– Email marketing is the most efficient way to advertise services and products on the net. Unlike search engine optimization, it has always stood the test of time. Therefore it is a good idea to purchase an e-mail marketing plugin. You can try using a free one but remember that a free script is neither dependable not productive. In case you don’t want to utilize a plugin, there are companies like Mail Chimp that cater the needs of online marketing professionals.
– One of the most obvious ways to make money from a web page is selling advert space directly to promoters. However, doing this requires a great deal of time and energy. Thankfully there are more than a few scripts that can help you sell advertisements on auto-pilot. After installing OIO Publisher or any other similar script you don’t have to do any thing by yourself.
– These days people have better internet speeds than before but slow sites are still frowned upon. Joining a content delivery network is one of the simplest ways to improve speed. It requires no technological expertise. A CDN is not only great for user experience but also for search engine rankings.
– If you are not on a tight budget, hiring a search engine optimization expert might be a wise decision. Such a venture can be very costly but you will get your money’s worth within no time. Just make sure you hand over the task to someone who is truly an expert in the field.
You can easily overcome your competitors by utilizing the resources and services mentioned in this post.